BTS Suga, a boy who have to decide between food and transport, know how he got where he is today…
|Full Name||Min Yoon gi|
|Stage Name||BTS Suga|
|Nick Names||Agust D Motionless Min ‘Tsundere’ PD Min|
Lil Meow Meow
|Net Worth||$23-25 Million|
|Birth Day||March 9, 1993 (|
|Height||174 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Family||Mother, Father And Elder Brother|
|Birth Place||Daegu, South Korea|
|Hometown||Daegu, South Korea|
|Current Residency||Hannam Hill, Seoul, South Korean|
|Profession||Rapper, Songwriter, Producer, BTS|
|Genres||K-pop, hip hop, R&B, Disco|
|School||Apgujeong High School, South Korea|
|College / University||Hanyang Cyber University, South Korea|
|Education Qualification||Master of Business Administration program in Advertising and Media|
Min Yoongi’s stage name is Suga. The name came from the syllables of the term shooting guard due to the position he played in basketball when he was a student in the school. Later he adopted the alias Agust D as his name for solo work in 2016 for his first mixtape Agust-D. The initials DT is derived from his birthplace, Daegu Town, and “Suga” spelling backwards.
The age of BTS Suga is 29 years.
174 cm (5 ft 9 in).
Suga is the is lightest in the group with the weight 57 kgs.
Suga has one elder brother named Min Geum Jae.
Suga was born in Daegu, South Korea.
Suga’s family consists of a Father, Mother, and Elder brother.
Suga has male Poodle named Holly that is often misconcepted because of his girly name. Some of you might even thought its female. He lives with Suga’s brother. Yoongi loves Holly so much that once jimin went to his house he was shocked to see Suga this happy.
He said that when yoongi hyung sees Holly, he says in a cute voice “Come here, come here”, which was amusing to jimin because of Suga’s personality.
All members of BTS has gotten friendship tattoo and all of them has revealed it but its Suga, who still has to show where he got his tattoo. In the recent vlive of J0hope he was asked to disclose the location of Suga’s freindship tatto but he playfully dodged the question syaying:
“It should be Yoongi hyung who tells you about it so wait for it“J-Hope’s recent live
- BTS Suga attended Taejeon Elementary School, Gwaneum Middle School, and Apgujeong High School
- In March 2019, Suga graduated from the Global Cyber University in the Broadcasting and Entertainment program.
- Later in July 2020, he enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University for the Master of Business Administration program in Advertising and Media.
Gf, Affair, Marital Status
Is BTS Suga married?
No, Suga is not married. And there’s a good enough reason not to speculate BTS with dating rumors. He once said that even if he was in love, he or other members couldn’t have a relationship due to BTS fame. Because being a member of the most popular band, his life and attention revolve around his work. So, has almost no free time to date anyone because of their tight schedule. But before BTS, Suga agreed to have a girlfriend with whom he later broke up.
No, Suga is not gay.
Although Suga spends his all time either its spare or working hours in doing music but he loves to lying down, playing basketball, fishing and playing games “especially with Jin” reading comics, and taking pictures.
Suga Instagram : (@agustd)
Suga share a twitter account with members that is @bts-twt
Soon after their debut, Min Yoongi was diagnosed with appendicitis, underwent surgery at Severance Hospital in Sinchon, and was discharged after 9 days. But due to inflammation, he was hospitalized again. Ultimately he had to drop out from attending the year-end awards ceremony for the first time since his debut and felt very grieved about it.
After three years, SUGA suffered an ear injury when he tripped over a door threshold. So the doctor recommended he avoid doing choreography or performances for about a week.
And most recently, Suga underwent surgery for the repairment of a torn labrum in his left shoulder in November 2020. Later Hybe Labels announced that he would take a subsequent break to recover fully. Later Suga joined BTS on stage at the 35th Golden Disc Awards.
Suga purchased a US $3 million apartment in South Korea in 2019.
The net worth of Suga comes in second place in BTS after J-Hope due to his latest album, D-2. Moreover, he has contributed to writing and producing BTS songs. He has a total net worth of 23-25 million Us dollars.
Suga has endured a severe financial crisis and has always remained open about it. But he was wealthy by heart. After BTS’s debut, Suga promised ARMY he would buy them meat once he got rich. Four years later, on his 25th birthday, Suga fulfilled his promise as he donated beef to 39 orphanages in the name of “ARMY.” Never seen such an artist who promises his fans and fulfills it.
Suga has always been generous when it comes to donations. Seeing the number of his donations, it’s safe to say that BTS Suga is the member of BTS who has the most number of Notable donations.
|2018||Donated first class Hanwoo beef worth of $18,670 to 39 orphanages in the name of “ARMY” for his 25th birthday.|
|2019||Donated $88,000 (₩100 million) and 329 BT21 Shooky dolls (His character) to the Korea Pediatric Cancer Foundation. on his 26th Birthday|
|2020||Donated $88,000 to the Hope Bridge National Disaster Relief Association to help his hometown of Daegu amid pandemic on his 27th birthday.|
|2021||Donated $88,000 to Daegu’s Keimyung University Dongsan Hospital, to support child cancer patients with financial difficulties.|
|2022||Donated $88,000 to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association to help the victims of the massive wildfires on his 29th birthday.|
Suga developed his interest in rap after hearing “Ragga Muffin” by Stony Skunk.
“It Was Different From Anything He Had Ever Heard Before.”Suga
He mentioned that Stony Skunk and Epik High inspired him to pursue hip-hop music. Moreover, the hip-hop hybrid album Ragga Muffin (2005) was also the one that Suga got involved in this genre. Later he decided to become a rapper and musical artist.
When he turned 13, he started to write music lyrics and learned to use MIDI. By age 17, he worked a part-time job at a recording studio by age 17. Later, he began composing and arranging music, rapping, and performing. Before Big Hit Entertainment scouted Suga, he was already working under the name Gloss as an underground rapper, a part of the hip hop crew D-Town in 2010; Suga composed “518-062”, a song commemorating the Gwangju Uprising (called 5·18 due the date the movement began)
How does Suga Join BTS?
Meanwhile, Suga was producing tracks for more artists, like Reflow, on his song “Who Am I.” Suga auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment when he saw a flyer about the company’s rap competition called “Hit It.” Sugs couldn’t secure the first position, but he took second place. This was enough for Bang Shik Hyuk t to sign him as a producer and a trainee. At first, Suga only planned to become a producer, but later, he was convinced to join BTS in 2010 and became one of the band’s rappers. He still jokes about how Bang Pd Nim “tricked” him into becoming a BTS member.
The 11 most powerful collaborations of BTS Suga are here.
1. Agust D – “So Far Away” (Feat. Suran)
2. Suran – “Wine” (Prod. by Suga)
In 2017, Suga created “Wine” for Suran; He previously worked with her on a single on his mixtape. Suran heard the rough draft of Wine at Suga’s studio; she was impressed with it and ultimately asked Suga for the song. The song ranked #2 on the Gaon Digital Chart and even won the best Soul/R&B track of the year at MMA. Moreover, Suga was awarded the “Hot Trend Award” for his work on the track.
3. Lee Sora – “Song Request” (Feat. Suga)
In 2019, Suga was offered a rap feature on Lee So-ra’s song “Song Request.” It was co-written and co-produced by Suga and Tablo of Epik High. The song debuted at #3 on the Gaon Digital Chart and #2 on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart, with almost 3,000 downloads during the song’s two-day charting period.
4. Epik High – “Eternal Sunshine” (Prod. by Suga)
The same year BTS Suga co-wrote and co-produced a track for Epik High’s Sleepless in extended play, titled “Eternal Sunshine.”
5. Heize – “We Don’t Talk Together” (Prod. by Suga)
6. Halsey – “Suga’s Interlude” (Prod. and Feat. Suga)
In December 2019, Halsey released the song “Suga’s Interlude” from her album Manic. And Suga was credited for producing and even being featured.
7. IU – “Eight” (Prod. By Suga)
This one will be remembered forever. It is known as the collaboration between a king and queen. In 2020, before his D-2 mixtape, IU released the digital lead single “Eight” Prod. And Feat. BTS Suga. The song peaked at the #1 position on the Gaon Digital Chart and the World Digital Song Sales chart.
8. D-2 – “Burn It” (Feat. MAX)
9. D-2 – “Dear My Friend” (Feat. Kim Jong Wan of Nell)
10. MAX – “Blueberry Eyes” (Prod. And Feat. Suga)
11. Psy – “That That” (Prod. And Feat. Suga)
As of 2022, The most significant collaboration in the K-Pop industry has happened between two legends BTS Suga and Psy. Suga was credited as the producer and co-writer of the lead single “That That” from Psy’s album. He was featured on the single and appeared in the music video alongside Psy.
BTS Suga was recruited as a music producer in Big Hit entertainment then. Later, Suga trained for three years with members J-Hope and RM (only members then). He debuted as a member of BTS with their first title track, “No More Dream.” This was their track from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool, the first-ever album of BTS. Afterward, Suga produced and has written lyrics for various songs on BTS albums.
Suga launched a solo intro entitled “Intro: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life,” BTS’s third studio album. This rap track’s lyrics describe one’s fear of reaching adulthood from one’s adolescent years. The single was released in April 2015 with an animated music video.
Following their previous album series, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 2 includes an intro performed by Suga. It was named “Intro: Never Mind,” released in the November of 2015, and it was included as the intro for BTS’ 2016 compilation album The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever. From this date to 2020, Suga was not seen performing intros for another track for BTS.
This hiatus was broken when Suga released “Interlude: Shadow” as a rap song from one of the best albums, Map of the Soul: 7. Interlude Shadow, along with a music video starring Suga. It was based on the loneliness that comes with being a celebrity and remaining at the top and mainly discusses BTS’ rising fame. A famous journalist from Billboard has described Shadow as an “evocative, yet brash track” and noted how the song’s sound changes midway through to show “this dichotomy between the relationship of how fame and audiences watching him affects his idea of self.”
Aside from performing intros for BTS, Suga released two solo tracks. “First Love,” part of BTS’ 2016 studio album Wings, was BTS’s breakthrough into the world., The song released is described as an autobiographical rap track reminiscent of a monologue.
In 2018, Suga released “Trivia: Seesaw,” which was based on the up-and-down nature of falling in love as a part of the last album of the BTS Love Yourself series.
The leading talent of this genius is that Suga writes, composes, arranges, mixes, and masters his own material. He now has 147 songs credited under his name by Korea Music Copyright Association. He is excellent at the piano and loves producing hip-hop and R&B music. His lyrics involve themes that stick to survival in this harsh world. And with the intent, BTS Suga became “many people’s hope and strength.”
The member of Fuse, Jeff Benjamin, explained Suga’s mixtape in the following words.
“The mixtape showcases the star’s ear for hot productions, hardcore rap style, and how he can make his vulnerabilities a strength.”-Jeff
Suga’s “storytelling execution in the music he creates tears down the barrier of censoring and sugarcoating”-Critics
There are over 100 songs that BTS Suga has written and produced.
Songs that Suga wrote under BTS
|Intro: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life||The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt.1||2015|
|Trivia : Seesaw||Love Yourself ‘Answer’||2018|
|Interlude: Shadow||Map Of The Soul : 7||2020|
Album: Agust D
Date: August 15, 2016
Description: Suga released this free self-titled mixtape through SoundCloud as he decided not to release this as a commercial studio album. Because this album was very close to his feeling, he bids farewell to his long-lost feelings. Suga has discussed matters such as his struggles with depression and social phobia in the lyrics. Suga described this album as
“Feeling of being trapped in some sort of framework.”Agust D
That year Agust D was ranked as one of the top 20 mixtapes of 2016. By Fuse Tv. In 2018, BTS Suga re-released the mixtape for digital purchase and streaming, peaked #3 on Billboard’s World Albums Chart, #5 on the Heatseekers Albums chart, and #74 on the Top Album Sales chart in the United States. Thanks to that, caused Suga’s solo alias, Agust D, ranked 46 on the Emerging Artists chart for the week,
Date: May 22, 2020
Description: Following the sequel of his debut mixtape, BTS Suga disclosed a new solo album. His second mixtape was named D-2 with the lead single ‘Daechwita.’ The center topic of the mixtape is focused on talking about the present, comparing it to his last mixtape, Agust D, which was centered on telling the past. About the album, Yoongi explained D-2 as his perspective on the contemporary world. Suga said that
“It’s a documentation of myself as a 28-year old” and “documentation of myself from 2016 onwards.D-2
The album was released without any promotions yet did an excellent job on charts and the digital market. It peaked at #11 on the Billboard 200, #7 on the Official UK Albums Chart, and # 2 on the ARIA chart. With three achievements, it set 3 new records for any Korean solo artist’s highest-ranking mixtape in the US, UK, and Australia. And the song entitled ‘Daechwita‘ debuted at #76 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This caused Suga to become the First Korean soloist to chart simultaneously on the Hot 100 and Billboard 200. Moreover, Daechwita also debuted and topped Billboard Rap Digital Song Sales Chart, becoming the highest charting and first song by a Korean artist ever.
- BTS Suga ranked 13th in 2017, 7th in 2018, and 9th in 2019 as the most preferred idol of the year by Gallup Korea.
- In 2018, Suga was promoted to a full member of the Korea Music Copyright Association.
- Following thethe year, Suga was also awarded the Fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by the President of South Korea with his other BTS members.
- In 2020, he was also appointed as a Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture by President Moon Jae-in with BTS. The primary purpose is to help “lead the global agenda for future generations and expand South Korea’s diplomatic efforts and global standing” in the international community.
- In 2021, Suga was granted diplomatic passports ahead of the United Nations General Assembly as he was embarking as a special presidential envoy with BTS members.
- As of July 20, 2022, BTS Suga has received a plaque for being the Honorary Ambassador for the World EXPO 2030 in Busan, along with the BTS members.
Besides working as a BTS record producer and composer, Suga has also worked on different songs.
|So Far Away||Jin and Jung Kook||2017|
|DDaeng (Rap Track)||RM and j-hope||2018|
|Jingle Bell Rock||V||2019|
|Eternal Sunshine||Epik High||2019|
|We Don’t Talk Together||Heize||2019|
|Over The Horizon prod. SUGA||Samsung||2021|
|Our Island||Hybe Corporation||2022|
Some of the music videos in which suga has been featured and starred.
|I’m Da One||I’m Da One||2012|
|Agust D||Agust D||2016|
|Give It to Me||Agust D||2016|
|Interlude: Shadow||Map of the Soul: 7||2020|
|“That That (Prod. & Feat. SUGA of BTS)”||Psy 9th||2022|
|Music Bank||KBS2||2014||Special Host|
Awards and Nominations
|2017||Melon Music Awards||Hot Trend Award||Wine||Won|
|2019||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Collaboration||“Song Request”||Won|
|2020||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Collaboration||“Eight”||Won|
|2020||Melon Music Awards||Song of the Year||“Eight”||Nominated|
|2020||Melon Music Awards||Best Rock Award||“Eight”||Won|
|2020||Gaon Chart Music Awards||Artist of the Year – Digital Music||“Eight”||Won|
|2021||Korean Music Awards||Best Pop Song||“Eight”||Nominated|
- BTS Suga is the second oldest, and the shortest member of BTS since 2020 after Jimin’s height increased.
- His favorite color is black.
- Tazza and Inception are his favorite movies.
- He had wanted to be a producer since when he was younger.
- Suga gets shy while speaking English; however, he can read, write and understand it very well.
- He was very good at basketball games and on quite a few times.
- Suga was given his stage name due to his position as a shooting guard in basketball.
- In addition, he once said that Bang Pd gave Min yoongi his stage name, “Suga,” as the deviation of the word “sugar” because of his pale skin and sweet smile.
“I got the name Suga because my skin is pale, I’m pretty when I smile, and I’m sweet. I chose this name because I want to promote sweetly.”Suga
- He doesn’t like crowded places.
- He can play the piano very well. And it was seen in the BTS song “I Need You.” when they performed in Music Show.
- He would like to choose RM’s dog, Rap Mon, for his Holly to date.
- Just like Jin, he is an excellent cook.
- Suga sleeps a lot due to long late hours working in his studio, and the Maximum time he has slept is 20 hours.
- According to RM Suga recently started to learn Judo in an episode of RUN BTS.
- The first album he bought with his money was an Eminem album.
- He is considered a grandma by Jimin.
- Suga is known as ‘Tsundere’ by ARMY due to his charisma.
- Suga’s producing studio is named ‘Genius Lab.’
- Yoongi has a total of 5 ear piercings. (2 on the right and 3 on the left)
- Suga’s favorite weather is where one can wear short sleeves during the day and long sleeves at night.
- He wants to be reincarnated as a rock in his next life.
- He has always been open about depression and social anxiety in his lyrics and interviews. When he was younger, he had to choose between food and transport and said:
“After we debuted, I went back to the dorm and sat there staring blankly. I could not believe a kid from a poor Daegu family would be able to make it.”Suga
- He has a driving license.
- His personality is relatively straightforward.
- His motto: “Let’s live while having fun. Doing music as your hobby and doing it as work is different.”
- According to J-Hope, Suga is a rhyming machine who loves to write and compose songs daily, even in the waiting room, car, or toilet.
- He wrote the song “I Like It” in under 30 minutes.
- He consults his problems with RM because their age gap is small, and they have things in common.
- His favorite drink is Iced Americano.
- Suga didn’t like his legs back then, as he said they looked feminine.
- When asked what he would steal from the other members, he said he would steal one thing you can’t buy with money and its Jung Kook’s age.
- According to the members, Suga is BTS’s sweetest and most caring member. He takes care of members secretly without anyone getting noticed.
- He has the highest alcohol tolerance among the members
- His BT21 character is a magic cookie named Shooky and is the shortest among all members.
- In BTS, Suga is the one who has experimented with hair colors the most. And Of all the hair, Suga’s favorite hair color is black because it’s his natural hair color he still likes some of the lighter colors.
- His most viral hair color was Mint, earning him the name of the Mint Yoongi. He wore that color in their most beautiful moment in life, part 2.
- When asked which member he would bring on a deserted island for three years, he chose Jimin.
“Jimin. To boss around. I was kidding. I don’t talk a lot, I’m not the fun type, but Jimin is pleasant and mature, so I think it’d work out.“– said Suga
- When Suga was a trainee, he made deliveries to meet both ends. But he was caught in an accident with a car. Due to this, his shoulder went dislocated, but he hid his injury from the company for fear that they would let him go as he worked part-time to earn money to pay for college. He told the members that he merely hurt his shoulder by falling down the stairs. But the company eventually found out and offered to help him pay for his tuition. Incident mentioned in his track The Last, from his mixtape. And Burn The Stage EP.3
- Among the group members, Jimin’s voice is Suga’s favorite. (Burn the Stage EP.6)
- He likes to spend his time with J-hope the most because he is cheerful and brightens up Suga’s mood very quickly.
- Suga learned the Sword Dance for his daechwita music video.
- He doesn’t have an ideal type. And if it happens he loves holding hands.
- He was a roommate with Jin.
- Suga is considered introverted, but around the other members, he’s a lot more loud and outgoing.
- On a Vlog from 2013, he said he wanted to become a DJ on a radio show that he later fulfilled by starting his voice live under the name “Suga’s honey FM.”
- Habits: Biting his nails.
- Famous quote by BTS Suga
“We are born to be real not to be perfect.”Suga