|Full Name||Kim Seok-Jin|
|Famous Name||Worldwide Handsome|
|Nick Names||Car Door Guy |
Third Guy on the Left
|Net Worth||$20-22 Million|
|Birth Day||04 December 1992|
|Weight||63 kg (in pounds- 139 lbs)|
|Family||Mother, Father And Elder Brother|
|Birth Place||Gwacheon-si, South Korea|
|Hometown||Gwacheon-si, South Korea|
|Current Residency||Hannam Hill, Seoul, South Korean|
|Profession||Kpop Idol, Member of BTS|
|Role In BTS||Vocalist, Songwriter, Visual|
|Genres||K-pop, Hip-hop, R&B, Disco|
|School||Bosung High School, South Korea|
|College / University||Konkuk University, South Korea|
|Education Qualification||Graduation in Art and Action|
How Old Is Jin BTS?
The age of BTS Jin as of 2022 is 29 years.
The height of BTS Jin is 5’8″ (179cm)
The weight is 63 kg (in pounds- 139 lbs)
There is only one brother of Kim Seok Jin, and he is the maknae of his family.
The family of Kim Seok Jin consists of a father, a mother, an elder brother, sister-in-law and a cute nephew.
There are 4 pets that BTS Jin have named Jjangu, Odeng, Eomuk and Gukmul.
BTS’ member Jin, just revealed his friendship tattoo on June 26, 2022. He went shirtless finally unveiling his new tattoo. It is a part of their group pact, a tattoo that read ‘7’ on the left side of his lower waist.
Sharing the picture, Jin wrote, “I also got a friendship tattoo”.
Education And Early Life
For his early education Kim Seok Jin attended ‘Bosung High School.’
In the February of 2017, Jin completed his graduation from ‘Konkuk University’ and received a degree in art and acting. Jin’s family was already well off so initially he decided to join his father’s company. But, he ended up joining the entertainment industry after being spotted for his good looks by the Hybe labels, formally known as ‘Big Hit Entertainment‘ while walking down the street. At that time, Jin was studying acting. Afterward, on June 13, 2013, Kim Seok Jin debuted with ‘BTS’ as one of its four vocalists.
Jin also studied abroad (Australia) for 6 months through an exchange student program.
Last year he enrolled in Global Cyber University and majored in Broadcasting and Performing Art along with his other bandmates.
Gf, Affair, Marital Status and Personal Life
Does BTS Jin have a girlfriend?
According to the rule of the k-pop group and the tight schedule of BTS, the members cannot date, so BTS Jin does not have a girlfriend and is still single.
I want to clear this utterly wrong conception that No, Jin is not gay.
- Jin enjoys gaming and eating in his spare time.
- He has a hobby of collecting Super Mario-related toys.
- He loves snowboarding and recently picked up the hobby of fishing as well.
- The Instagram account of Jin is (@jin)
- Jin also shares a BTS joined account on Twitter that is 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt)
BTS Jin Military Enlistment
According to BTS Law, Jin is allowed to delay his military enlistment until he turn 30 by the end of 2022. Recently, the news of BTS hiatus start the debate over their military services. But earliar this month, Lee Jong Sup added that BTS could perfom while doing their military service.
“There would be a way to give them a chance to practice and perform together.”Lee Jong Sup on BTS’ Military Enlistment
|BTS Jin Cars||Porsche Panamera GTS / TurboRoyal Blue Lamborghini Aventador S|
|BTS Jin Houses||US$3.4 million flat in Hannam Hills|
|Jin Donations||$88k to UNICEF Honors clubs|
Unknown amount to Korea Animal Welfare Association
Regarding his family’s net worth, it’s safe to rank Jin at the top as the richest member of BTS as he is also known to have come from an affluent background. Besides his singing career, he has shown business acumen, starting a Japanese restaurant in 2018 with his brother by Seoul Space. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, BTS Jin agreed that;
“family is all in business.”
Still the estimated net worth of BTS Jin is about $20-22 million.
|Jin’s Donations||$88k to UNICEF Honors clubs|
Unknown amount to Korea Animal Welfare Association
- In December 2018, BTS Jin donated tons of supplies to the Korean Animal Welfare Association to celebrate his birthday. The supplies are food, blankets, and dishes for the organization.
- Jin donated 321kg of food to the KARA (Korea Animal Rights Advocates), another Korean animal welfare non-profit organization.
- Since May 2018, Jin has been Donating to UNICEF Korea every month, and the kind-hearted requested that his donations be kept private. It was publicized by induction into the UNICEF Honors Club in May 2019 for donating over ₩100 million (about US$84,000).
How did Kim Seok Jin join BTS?
Jin was scouted by SM Entertainment on the street of his hometown in Anyang. But he thought the offer was a scam, so he never followed up with the company. Later on, while jin was a college student, he was scouted again -but this time, it was Big Hit Entertainment. An employee of Big Hit Entertainment saw Jin while leaving a bus, and he convinced Seok Jin to audition for the company. As a theatre major with no singing or dancing experience, BTS Jin initially auditioned to be an actor. But it turned out Big Hit Entertainment had other plans and convinced him to become a trainee for BTS.
In addition, Kim spoke that the reason he joined BTS was to make his family proud. He emotionally expressed at one of BTS concert;
“When I was younger, my mom used to just listen to her friends bragging about their sons. She just listened to them without saying anything. So, I thought I want to make my mom proud of her son too,”
Now Jin is one of the BTS vocalists. Though he never planned to become a K-pop idol, we never imagined him as anything other than one of BTS members.
Some golden highlights of Jin’s Career are
- One of the Single from BTS wings album ‘Awake‘ was sung by Jin. It was the first co produced track by Jin. Moreover, he also participated in writing the song along with Slow Rabbit, Bang, PD Nim, BTS leader, J Hope, June, and Pdogg. The song took 31st spot on the ‘Gaon Music Chart’ and the song peaked at 6 on the ‘Billboard World Digital Singles Chart.’ In December of the same year, Jin gifted a Christmas version of the song on ‘SoundCloud.’
- With his BTS member V, Jin sang ‘It’s Definitely You,’ the original soundtrack of the South Korean TV series ‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ released in 2016. The song got nominated for the ‘Best OST Award’ at the 2017 ‘Melon Music Awards.’
- The second song that BTS Jin sang was solo ballad ‘Epiphany.’ It was released on August 9, 2018, as a trailer for BTS’s Upcoming titled ‘Love Yourself: Answer.’ The lyrics discussing self acceptance. Soon after the album, a full version of the song was released as part of the album on August 24, the same year. Billboard described Epiphany as a “building pop-rock melody,” ranked at 30th spot on the ‘Gaon Music Chart.’ It got to number 5 on the ‘K-pop Hot 100’ chart in South Korea and number 4 on the ‘Billboard World Digital Singles Chart.’
- Kim released his third solo song, “Moon,” in BTS’s 2020 studio album Map of the Soul: 7. Songwriter Jae-Ha Kim described “Moon” as a power pop song. “Moon” topped at number one on the Gaon Digital Chart and remained number two on Billboard’s US World Digital Singles chart.
- In addition, Seok Jin has also sung an OST name ‘Yours‘ for Drama Jirisan originally released by Tvn starring Jun Ji Hyun and Ju Ji Hoon.
- As of BTS latest album, Proof, “Epiphany (Jin Demo Ver.) was released.
BTS Jin Song Collaborations
- With his BTS member V, Jin sang ‘It’s Definitely You,’ the original soundtrack of the South Korean TV series ‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ released in 2016. The song was nominated for the ‘Best OST Award’ at the 2017 ‘Melon Music Awards.
- Jin also collaborated with ‘BTS’ member, Jungkook and released a new version of the song ‘So Far Away,’ originally by ‘BTS’ member Suga, in his mixtape named ‘Agust D’.
Some Solo Projects of BTS Jin
- “Awake” (Christmas Ver.) in 2016.
- “So Far Away” (with SUGA and Jung Kook) in (2017)
- ” Tonight” in 2019.
- “Abyss” in 2020.
- “Super Tuna” in 2021.
- “School Of Tears” (with fellow BTS member RM and SUGA) in 2013.
- “Adult Child” (with RM and SUGA) in 2013.
- “A Typical Idol’s Christmas” (with SUGA, J hope, Jimin and V) in 2013.
Jin did the cover versions of songs by other artists released on ‘SoundCloud.’ Songs include
- “Mom” (the solo single of ‘Mom’ by Ra.D, released back on May 7, 2015)
- ” I Love You” (released on December 3, 2015)
- “In Front of the Post Office in Autumn” (by Yoon Do-Hyun on June 7, 2018)
- “Feliz Navidad” (with fellow BTS member J Hope) (2019)
Writing Credits of BTS Jin
For past years, Jin has taken a significant part in writing several songs for BTS’ albums.
|2013||BTS||2 Cool 4 Skool||“Outro: Circle Room Cypher”|
|2015||BTS||The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1||“Outro: Love Is Not Over”|
|2015||BTS||The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1||“Boyz with Fun”|
|2016||BTS||The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever||“Love Is Not Over”|
|2020||BTS||Map of the Soul: 7||“Moon”|
|2020||Jin||Non-album release||“In the Soop”|
|2021||Jin||Non-album release||“Super Tuna”|
Here are some some music videos; part of BTS group albums in which Jin has starred.
As of now, Jin have;nt released any of his mixtape, but he did release a couple of songs;
|2013||“Adult Child”||With RM and Suga|
|2016||“Awake” (Christmas ver.)||Holiday (Christmas) remix of “Awake” from the album Wings|
|2017||“So Far Away”||Re-release of the original track by Suga; features Jin and Jungkook in place of Suran.|
|2019||“Tonight”||Released as part of the 2019 BTS anniversary event Festa|
|2020||“Abyss”||Released as a gift to fans prior to his 28th birthday|
|2021||“Super Tuna“||Released as a gift to fans prior to his 29th birthday and became a hot trend on tik tok.|
Lately BTS is on hiatus as a group so we’ll hope to see the solo activities of BTS Jin uptill the end of the year.
And fans have already suspected as actor Kim Nam Gil’s comments led to a speculation that BTS’ Jin will be making his K-Drama debut.
- Jin was named the eleventh most well-known idol in South Korea in 2018.
- In the same year, Jin and his elder brother opened a Japanese-style restaurant in Seoul called ‘Ossu Seiromushi’.
- Sharing the same year 2018, in October, Kim Seok Jin, along with the members of ‘BTS,’ received the fifth-class ‘Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit’ by South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
- BTS Jin Earned the title of World Wide Handsome for his face’s golden ratio.
- In 2020, Jin he was also appointed as a Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture by President Moon Jae-in with BTS. The primary purpose is to help “lead the global agenda for future generations and expand South Korea’s diplomatic efforts and global standing” in the international community.
- In 2021, Kim seok jin with BTS members was granted diplomatic passports ahead of the United Nations General Assembly as he was embarking as a special presidential envoy
- As of July 20,2022 Kim Seokjin received plaque for being the Honorary Ambassador for the World EXPO 2030 in Busan, along with the BTS members. They were selected as the representative faces of South Korea and Jin was awarded the Appointment Pin by SK Group Chairman Chey Taewon as Honorary Ambassador and a plaque with his name on it.
Number of TV shows that BTS Jin has did are.
|2017||SBS||Law of the Jungle in Kota Manado||Himself|
|2017||SBS||KBS Song Festival||Host|
|2018||KBS||KBS Song Festival||Host|
- BTS Jin is a tenor and can play the guitar.
- Jin has a “Silver voice” (a voice has stable breath control and a strong falsetto)
- BTS songs such as “Spring Day” and “Fake Love” displayed kim’s vocal stability,
- “Jamais Vu” also got the spotlight for his emotional range.
- The Korea Times described Kim’s voice as “tender, sorrowful, free-spirited.” for song’s calming atmosphere.
- His tone was considered a “Standout Element” for the Acoustic Ballad “Epiphany.”
Fun Facts of BTS Jin:
- 1. Despite being the oldest member of BTS, he can easily be frightened because of his innocent heart.
- 2. He’s the cook in the BTS and has a series of video shows titled “Eat Jin.”
- 3. He’s also extremely caring for the younger members.
- 4. BTS leader RM once said he finds much comfort being with Jin when he’s anxious during interviews during the BTS’ UN speech.
- 5. Being the oldest member, Jin still likes to play video games during his free time.
- 6. Jin is a member of BTS that has driving license and can drive.
- 7. Jin and his brother own a Japanese restaurant together in Seoul.
- 8. He often says he likes to be silly because he enjoys making others happy.
- 9. Jin self-taught himself how to play the guitar and can even sing while playing.
- 10. In 2015, Jin earned the title of “Car Door Guy” when he got out of the car first and impressed the fans with his impeccable appearance.
- 11. Jin is also known as the “Third guy on the left” during BTS’s tour in LA for Billboard Music Awards.
- 12. Jin is the master Cook in BTS.
- 13. He is well known as the mom of BTS’s members.
- 14. He once made seaweed soup for J Hope, who became speechless since he thought it tasted like his mom’s soup.
- 15. A professional plastic surgery doctor stated that Jin’s face was a ‘perfect face’- his eyes, nose, mouth, ears, everything in the right place, with the right shape and type of face.
- 16. During the early day of BTS, Jin was nicknamed Ctrl + V because he was the only one who could control Taehyung (V).
- 17. The best way to make Jin despair is to take away his food and his Nintendo.
- 18. In a 2017 interview, Jin stated that his favorite color was pink but that it is now blue.
- 18. He can do The Exorcist’s “spider-walk” (walking with his waist bent).
- 19. Jin’s laugh is very distinctive and is known as the ‘Windshield Wiper’ laugh (i.e., the sound of when glass/windows are being wiped clean.
- 20. If he was a girl, he said Jin would date Jimin because he is shy, and someone like Jimin would help him open up and be social.
- 21. During BTS’ trainee days, Jin took Jung Kook to school every day and invited Jung Kook over to his family’s house to have dinner with him. This helped jungkook to stay in BTS.
Source: Wikipedia, Fandom